Seven Tips to Learn Laravel More Effectively
Here are seven tips to learn laravel more effectively:
- Learn about MVC architecture: The most basic requirement before you start using Laravel is that you should know what is Modal, View, and Controller architecture. You will not be able to understand Laravel and its terminologies until and unless you have knowledge of MVC.
- Learn how to use Composer: Composer is a dependency manager in PHP. The composer will pull in all the required libraries, dependencies and manage them all in one place. If you are eager to learn Laravel then you should first install Composer and install some dependencies yourself.
- Refer official documentation:Some people say that one should not refer Laravel official documentation but you should definitely refer it. The core development team of Laravel knows more about it because they are the one who created it. Go through the documentation once and trust me you will understand Laravel and its terminologies easily.
- Read about routing: Routing is the heart of any Laravel based web application. Most people get scared when they come to know that HTTP requests are not automated in Laravel. All incoming and outgoing HTTP requests are handled by routes file of Laravel. If you are familiar with HTTP methods then you can easily understand the routing flow of Laravel.
- Learn database migrations: Laravel provides a command line interface with the help of which you can quickly do changes to your database. Artisan CLI is used for this process and trust me it will be one of the most useful tools in your Laravel web application development process.
- Practice CRUD operations: The biggest mistake which most of the programmers do is that they don't learn basic CRUD operations and they directly start building sample applications during their learning phase. This increases the overall learning time. The correct approach is that you should first study how to perform CRUD in Laravel and then you should build a dummy application.
- Learn how to use blade: Blade is the simple, yet powerful templating engine of Laravel. The blade does not restrict you from using plain PHP code in your views and HTML can be reused very efficiently. The power of blade makes Laravel the first choice for any kind of web application development.
We at The Geeky Folks specialize in reliable and scalable Laravel web application development services. We can surely turn your idea into reality and develop the application as per your business need. Talk to us about all your Laravel requirements.