A recent study done by Statista Research Department revealed that consumers downloaded 218 billion mobile apps to their connected devices, up from 140.7 billion app downloads in 2016.
So, it’s easy to say that if you are into a business of selling products or services, then owning a Mobile Application will bring more business opportunities for you.
If you think that mobile apps are only beneficial for big brands like Zara, Uber, Swiggy, you are wrong. In the digital era and the conditions created after the woeful pandemic, it is important for small and midsize businesses to follow the mobile app trend, understanding that its a powerful way to increase customer engagement and sales.
Now, businesses have espoused mobile apps as a requirement. The new peers of apps influenced lives in unimaginable ways even a few years ago.
Smartphones play a central role in the Internet of Things and connected sensors. For example, Coca-Cola built a more human brand by amalgamating a mobile experience that is both realistic, and thought-provoking in Coca-Cola’s ‘movement is happiness’ campaign, which was conceptualized to help people adopt a healthier lifestyle.
In case you are still not convinced why your business would need to build a mobile application, here are the top benefits of having a mobile application.
- Improve Your Visibility Generation Z, Millennials, and Gen X spend nearly 16%, 18%, and 30% more time year-over-year, respectively, in their most-used apps. (Source) This shows that your potential customers are on mobile apps, and you should also be there. If you’re still among those who are not unleashing the potential of mobile apps, then you are leaving money on the table. It’s time to think about its effectiveness. Mobile applications are the one niche where you can find every one of your target audiences. So why not use the opportunity to reach your customers with a mobile app? Being “in the way” of your customers can be an advantage to your company, as our mind unconsciously records every picture and text it comes across — even if it appears randomly.
- Create a Direct Marketing Channel Apps serve many purposes like providing general information, booking forms, product order, payment, messengers, news feeds, and much more. One of the most significant benefits of having a mobile app is you can provide all information related to your brand right at customers' fingertips. Through push notifications, you can make even closer to a direct interaction and can easily evoke customers about your products and services whenever it is needed.
- Provide Value to Your Customers Rather than sticking to the old point-collection card way, make it feasible for your customers to receive their rewards via your mobile app. It will help you raise more mobile app downloads and retain customers. According to a survey by HelloWorld, 61 percent of respondents stated that the most important way a brand could interact with them was by surprising and rewarding them for being a good customer. Lots of well-known brands like Starbucks and Marriott Bonvoy create their own loyalty applications to ensure customer loyalty.
- Build Brand and Recognition A mobile app for your business can considerably contribute to your brand recognition. It acts as a billboard; you can do what you want with it; you can make it chic, modern, functional, shocking, or informational. But what you really want to do is create an app with features your customers will enjoy while also well branded and beautifully designed. When customers are involved with your app, they incline to buy your product and/or service. It also gives you the digital footprints of your customers; this will help you understand consumer trends and insights and help you to craft useful, relevant digital products.
- Improve Customer Engagement No matter what products and services you are selling, your customers need a way to reach you. Having a messaging feature within your app can really simpler the way you communicate with your customers. These days customer satisfaction is prime most to run the business successfully. However, here term satisfaction not only refers to good quality products; it relates to an overall experience that customers undergo during their shopping journey. To fulfill their requirement, you need to make them feel valued, and for that, you need to address them promptly. Mobile apps allow you to solve your customers' queries in real-time and help you gain their trust.
- Stand Out From the Competition In small businesses, the competition in mobile apps is limited, and this is where you can stand your business ahead of your competitors. Be the first in your area to design a mobile app to your customers to give them ease. They’ll be surprised by your forward-thinking plan!
Fifty-one percent of users say they discovered a new company or product when searching for their smartphones. (Source) So, wait! Give your brand a new path to flourish.
With the mobile application, you can stay closer to your customers and be just a “click” away at all times. Now that you have learned a refinement of the various benefits of a mobile business app, when are you going to start?
Hire an app development company or bring your own in-house app development team on board. Either way, you go; a mobile app is going to be a standard part of any business in the future. The choice you make today is going to establish the framework for the future of your business. It’s upto you to decide whether you’d like to be one of the first.